Answers to Your Most Pressing Restoration Questions
At Rainbow Restoration, we understand that our clients trust our team with the safety and cleanliness of their home or business. Whether you’re looking to deep clean the surfaces in your home or recover from a disaster, we’re here to help.
Read on to learn the answers to some of our most frequently asked cleaning and restoration questions:
Need emergency restoration? Call 855-724-6269 or request an appointment online.
- What Is Wrong With My Water Heater and What Should I Do Now?
- What Is an Ice Dam?
- What Should I Do If My Apartment Floods?
- What Should I Expect From a Basement Leak?
- What Do Water-Damaged Ceiling Tiles Mean for My Home?
- What Should I Do If My Home Fills With Water?
- Where Is the Water Shut-off Valve in a House?
- How Can I Save My Home From Water Damage?
- How Can Protect My Home From Water Damage?
- What Are the Worst Effects of Water Damage?
- What Is a Sump Pump and How Will a Sump Pump Help After a Flood?
- How Can I Prevent a Soggy Basement?
- What Are the Common Signs of Bathroom Water Damage?
- How Should I Prepare My Business for a Flood?
- How Can I Fix My Leaky Toilet?
- How Can I Fix My Leaky Faucet?
- How Much Can a Leak Add to Your Monthly Water Bill?
- Can I Shut Off Water Flow in My Home in Case of an Emergency?
- How Can I Spot a Water Leak?
- What Should I Do to Prevent a Water Heater Flood?
- Should I Get a New Water Heater Before My Old One Breaks?
- What Are the Categories of Water Damage?
- What Appliances Are Most Likely to Cause Water Damage?
- How Can a Small Leak Flood a Whole Home?
- What Should I Do to Prepare for a Flood?
- How Should I Prevent and Handle a Flooded Basement?
- How Should I Store Sensitive Materials to Keep Them Safe From Floods?
- What Should I Do to Prevent a Dishwasher Flood?
- What Should I Do to Prevent a Bathroom Flood?
- How Can I Protect My Property From Flash Flood Damage?
- Where Do Leaks Come From?
- Why Do I Need to Clean My Gutters?
- What Do I Need to Know About Leaky Roofs?
- How Can I Leak-Proof My Home?
- What Should I Do After Fire Damage?
- What Is Fire and How Does it Spread?
- What Should I Do If My House Is Damaged by a Wildfire?
- What Do I Need to Know About Grease Fires?
- When Are Electrical Fires Most Likely to Occur?
- Where Should Smoke Alarms and Fire Extinguishers Go?
- Why Do I Need a Professional to Handle Fire Restoration?
- How Hot Do Property Fires Get?
- How Can I Prevent Spontaneous Combustion Fires in My Building?
- How Do I Put Out a Small Fire?
- What Are the Top Causes of Electrical Fires?
- What Things Should I Throw Away After a Fire, No Questions Asked?
- What Action Steps Should I Take After a Fire?
- What Is Good Apartment Complex Protocol During and After a Fire?
- How Can I Prevent Brush Fires and Minimize Brush Fire Damage to My Home?
- What Is Proper Campfire Safety?
- How Do I Check My Hearth & Home for Fire Dangers?
- What Items Are Common Household Fire Starters?
- What Should I Do If I Believe I’ve Discovered a Fire?
- How Can I Prevent Electrical Fires?
- How Should I Make a Fire Escape Plan for Work or Home?
- How Can I Increase the Efficiency of My Fireplace?
- Why Is Fire Protection Equipment So Important?
- Are You Missing These Hidden Sources of Fire?
- How Can a Flickering Candle Transform into a Flaming Fire in Seconds?
- How Should I Prepare a Fire Emergency Kit?
- How Do I Use a Fire Extinguisher?
- Is Food Safe to Use After a Fire?
- What Do I Need to Consider When Planning My Fire Escape Route?
- Why Should You Prepare and Practice a Fire Escape Plan?
- What Items Should I Avoid to Prevent a Fire?
- How Can I Put Out a Grease Fire With Kitchen Ingredients?
- How Do I Use a Fire Extinguisher Safely?
- Can Electrical Wiring Cause a Fire?
- Can Gas Lines Cause Fires?
- What Are the Top Household Firestarters?
- How Do I Choose the Right Fire Extinguisher?
- How Does Smoke Damage Affect Electronics?
- How Does Smoke Damage Affect Your Home's Contents?
- How Should I Clean My Smoke-Damaged House?
- Can I Remove Smoke Damage From Brick?
- How Can I Remove Soot From Walls?
- What Is the Impact of Smoke Damage?
- What Are the Hidden Health Hazards of Smoke and Soot?
- Are Carcinogens Lurking in Your Home?
- Why Is Smoke So Bad for My Lungs?
- Why Does Every Home Need Properly Working Smoke Alarms?
- How Does a Smoke Alarm Save Lives?
- Is It Possible to Clean Smoke-Damaged Electronics?
Mold Removal and Remediation
- What Kind of Damage Can Mold Really Do?
- What Should I Do When Mold Shows Up After a Disaster?
- How Can I Prevent Mold?
- Can You Live in a House During Mold Remediation?
- Can You Paint Over Mold?
- Is Your Air Conditioning System Bringing Mold into Your House?
- How Dangerous Is the Mold in My Shower?
- What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in the Event of a Fire?
- Do I Need Flood Insurance for My Rental Property?
- How Do You Know If You Should Have Flood Insurance?
- Can Hoarding Affect Your Homeowners Insurance?
- What Should I Ask My Agent About Storm Insurance?
Air Duct Cleaning & Air Quality
- Why Is There Water in My Air Ducts?
- How Air Duct Cleaning Improves Air Quality
- How Clean Is the Air You Breathe?
- How Often Should I Clean My Air Ducts?
- How Should I Clean My Ductless HVAC System?
- Does Air Duct Cleaning Improve Efficiency?
- Does Air Duct Cleaning Save Money?
- How Can Poor Air Quality Impact Your Health?
- When Is a Good Time to Clean My Air Vents?
- Why Is Changing My Air Filter Important?
- What Household Pollutants Are Harmful to My Health?
- How Should I Use and Care for My Humidifier?
- What Is a Humidifier?
Carpet Cleaning & Care
- How Clean Is My Carpet?
- What Is Normal Wear and Tear on Carpet?
- What’s Hiding in Your Carpet?
- Why Should You Have Your Carpet Cleaned?
- How Often Should You Clean Carpet in Your Business?
- Is It Possible to Sanitize Carpet?
- Are Dust Mites in Carpet Making Me Sick?
- What Can I Do to Protect My Carpet Against Stains and Spills?
- Is Your Carpet Making You Sick?
- Carpet vs. Other Hard Surface: What Is Best for My Home?
- How Can I Revive Old Flooring?
- What’s That Smell?
- How Can I Remove Fish Smells From My House?
- Can I Get Rid of Smoke Smells in My Car?
- What Should I Do to Get Rid of Food Odors in My Home?
- Can I Remove Smoke Damage From my Clothes?
- How Can I Clean Cigarette Smoke Odors From My Home?
- Can I Get Rid of Mothball Odors?
- How Can I Get Rid of Stubborn Pet Odors?
- What Should I do About Lingering Odors?
- Can You Get Rid of Skunk Odor?
- What Natural Air Fresheners Should I Try?
- How Should I Clean My Couch?
- What Do Cleaning Codes on Furniture and Upholstery Mean?
- My Drapes Look Drab – How Should I Clean Them?
- Can I Clean My Furniture After a Fire?
- Can I Clean My Outdoor Furniture Cushions?
- What Should I Do About Stubborn Stains on My Upholstery?
Tile, Grout and Hard Surface Cleaning
- What Are the Best Natural Ways to Clean My Tile?
- Why Does My Grout Need to Be Cleaned and Sealed?
- What Is the Best Way to Clean Floor Grout?
- How Can I Keep My Tile Grout Clean?
- What Is the Best Tile Cleaner?
- Are You Cleaning or Ruining Your Hardwood Floors?
- How Can I Remove Stubborn Stains on Hard Surfaces?
Board-Up & Tarp-Over Services
- How Can I Save My Possessions When My Home is Damaged by Fire, Smoke or Flooding?
- How Does Rainbow Restoration Clean and Store Home and Business Contents?
Guides and Checklists
- The Rainbow Restoration Guide to Humidifiers
- The Definitive Guide to Your Water Shut-Off Valve
- A Guide to the Dirtiest Spots in Your Office
- Checklist to Help You Deal With a Flooded Home
- Complete This Checklist to Be Ready for Smoke Damage
- Here’s Your Tornado Shelter Supplies Checklist
- Home Fire Safety Checklist
- A Moving Checklist That Is Stress-Free
- Dos and Don’ts of Extension Cords
- The Ultimate Carpet Stain Guide
- Rainbow Restoration's Carpet Stain Removal Guide
- What Is the Fujita Scale?
- Where Should I Take Cover When a Tornado Strikes?
- Why So Many Tornadoes in Tornado Alley?
- What Is the Responsible Way to Deal with Tornado Damage Trash?
- What Are the Warning Signs of a Tornado?
- What Should I Know About Tornado Warning Systems?
- How Do I Recover after a Tornado Strike?
- What Is the Most Common Type of Tornado Damage?
- What Does Hoarding Mean for My Home?
- What Are the Health Risks Associated With Hoarding?
- What Kind of Damage Can Hoarding Cause to a Property?
- What Are the Signs of Hoarding?
- What Is Animal Hoarding?
- How Can I Conserve Water in My Bathroom?
- How Can I Conserve Water in My Kitchen?
- How Can I Conserve Water in My Yard?
- What Are the Best Ways to Cut My Home Heating Costs?
- What Are the Best Ways to Conserve Energy This Summer?
- How Can I Save Energy This Winter?
- What Steps Should I Take to Lower My Cooling Bill?
- What Light Bulb Is Right for My Home?
- What Is a Home Inventory?
- How Can I Create My Home Inventory?
- What Is the Best Way to Prepare a Home Inventory?
- What Should Be Listed on My Home Inventory?
- What App or Program Should I Use to Create My Home Inventory?
- What Solutions Should I Try for All-Natural Floor Cleaning?
- How Long Should Cleaning Supplies Last?
- Spring Cleaning: What Is the Best Way to Clean My Bathroom?
- Spring Cleaning: What Is the Best Way to Clean Living Room?
- The Dirty Dozen: What Areas Should Be on My Spring-Cleaning List?
- Step One: How Should I Clean My New House?
- What Is the Best Way to Clean Up Engine Oil Spills at Home?
- What Is the Best Way to Clean Leaking Batteries?
- How Should I Clean my BBQ Grill?
- How Often Should I Clean My Chimney?
- To Bleach or Not to Bleach?
- How Can I Remove Stains on Walls and Ceilings?
Ask a Question