Has your flooring lost its flash? Put a little sparkle back into your home with the help of these cleaning tips from your friends at Rainbow Restoration®...
Floor Care 101:
Tackle tile and other hard surfaces…
For tile, vinyl, and laminate, regularly sweep, then mop using natural cleansing methods to prevent stained, discolored, and dull hard floor surfaces:
- Simple solution: Regularly clean, shine, and disinfect sealed wood, tile, laminate, and vinyl with a simple solution of equal parts vinegar and hot water. (NOTE: Avoid damage to laminate by wicking up moisture thoroughly.)
- Citrus cleaner: Add citrus peels to a quart of white vinegar in a closed container and let sit for two weeks, diluting 50% with water in a spray bottle.
- Minty wash: Combine equal parts white vinegar, rubbing alcohol and water, and then add ½ tsp. of liquid dish soap and a few drops of peppermint essential oils.
- Baking soda stain removal: Mix ¼ cup white vinegar, 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap, ¼ cup baking soda, and 2 gallons of very warm water – and a few drops of lavender essential oil for a fresh scent!
- Mold and mildew remover: Fight mold and mildew on tile with equal parts of lemon juice and baking powder. Spread the mixture on the mold or mildewed area, leave for a couple of hours, and rinse.
- Stubborn mold, mildew, or stains? Rely on Rainbow’s professional tile, grout, and hard surface cleaning services for a sweat and stress-free solution that will shave years off the look of grout and hard surfaces.
Help out hardwood…
For easy, no-rinse cleaning, handle hardwood with a cleaning solution of 1 gallon hot water, ¾ olive or vegetable oil, and ½ cup lemon juice.
Care for carpet…
- Vacuum carpets and area rugs regularly: This reduces allergens and other biological contaminants (viruses, bacteria, dust, mold), improving indoor air quality.
- Keep up with spots and stains: Mix 1-2 drops of dishwashing liquid with equal parts vinegar and water. Spray on stains. Let sit for 5 minutes. Scrub with soft brush and blot dry.
- Stop odors in their tracks: Even tough pet odors - with Rainbow’s professional cleaning and deodorizing services.
- Don’t neglect routine maintenance: Regularly cleaning your carpet once or twice a year not only cuts down on contaminants, but extends its life and beautifies your home.
- Keep it clean: With overspray protection.
Worn out just thinking about all that work?
Rainbow Restoration can help. With a simple phone call, We are the floor cleaning experts! Ready to return your floors and your home to their previous splendor? Contact Rainbow Restoration today.