Residential Flood and Water Damage Restoration
Water damage poses one of the greatest threats to the safety and integrity of your home. From a small leak to a full-blown flood, water damage of any scale requires professional service. Rainbow Restoration® is a leader in home restoration services. We’ll work directly with your insurance provider to file a claim and coordinate your payment.
If your home has suffered from a water damaging event, the clock is ticking. Call (855) 724-6269 to begin your project.
Flood and Water Damage—A Precursor to Further Damage
After a flood, it’s usually clear what items—furnishings, personal belongings—have been damaged and will require restoration or replacement. It’s the structural damage—to walls and floors, mostly—that is most difficult to identify and poses the biggest threat.
Water damage is progressive—left unchecked, beyond 24 hours, even relatively small floods and leaks can grow into an issue of mold, mildew, dry rot, and serious structural damage.
Most water damage situations can be satisfactorily remediated when addressed in a timely manner.
About Our Home Water Damage Restoration Services
The first step in addressing water damage is to determine the cause. Most residential water damage can be traced back to:
- Storm damage and natural disasters
- Ice dams and leaky roofs
- Leaks from appliances (water heaters, garbage disposals, dishwashers, washing machines, toilets)
- Faulty, corroded plumbing
- Sump pump failure
- Storm drain backup
- Fire-suppression efforts
Not all water damage is created equal. While water damage (flooding, plumbing, appliance leaks, and more) should be inspected and remediated by a professional, there are scenarios that are of greater concern. These include any time that water:
- has been left unaddressed for more than 24 hours
- touches drywall
- saturates carpeting or upholstered furniture
- is located behind a wall or in a crawl space
- creates a pool of standing water (on anything except waterproof tile or concrete flooring)
Further, it’s important to consider the source of the water in question. Water swept in from a storm or that has bubbled up from a saturated sewer system may be contaminated.
Our staff will act quickly with rapid structural drying techniques to remove water and moisture and save as much of your flooring, walls, carpets, and belongings as possible. To best serve our clients, we also offer a full suite of complementary flood remediation services:
- mold removal and cleanup
- contents pack-out and contents cleaning (to restore your damaged household items)
- board-up and tarp-over services (to protect your home from a leaky roof or windows)
- full-service reconstruction (repairing your home after any necessary structural tear-out)
This means that for your flood event you never need to find an additional service provider or contractor.
Just Discovered Water Damage? Here’s What to Do Now:
If you’ve just experienced a water event, there are things you can do to reduce the amount of long-term damage.
Steps to Take as Soon as You Detect Water Damage
- Remain calm so your thinking stays clear.
- If the flooding is from an internal leak (not a storm surge), locate and close the water main or shut-off valve (often in the basement) to stop any water source from further flooding.
- If you can’t stop the leak yourself, call a plumber.
- Shut down the electrical breaker to damaged areas before unplugging or removing any electrical devices.
- Call Rainbow Restoration at (855) 724-6269. Available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Put aluminum foil under legs or feet of any furniture in contact with wet carpet or water to prevent permanent staining.
- Lift any curtains or draperies away from wet carpet or water.
- Lift and tack up any upholstered furniture skirts.
- Remove books, papers, fabrics, shoes, potted plants, or other items that can stain wet carpet.
- Call your insurance company. All policies require that homeowners or businesses report their loss "as soon as reasonably possible."
Avoid doing these things:
- Using your home vacuum—electrical shock can result, as well as damage to the equipment.
- Placing newspaper in traffic areas to walk on—newspaper ink transfers easily to wet carpet fibers which results in permanent staining.
- Walking on carpet any more than necessary—this keeps damage from spreading to unaffected areas.
Find Residential Water Damage Restoration Services Near Me
Rely on your local Rainbow Restoration for reliable, fast, and high-quality services. Our technicians are certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC). We use the latest technologies and techniques and follow a 17-step quality assurance system to ensure your restoration meets our standards for excellence.
Don’t delay your restoration. Call (855) 724-6269 or request an appointment online to begin the professional remediation process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to stay in my home after water damage?
This depends on the location, type, and extent of damage. If mold or standing water is present, it’s usually recommended that you temporarily relocate your family and pets until the damage can be contained and remediated.
Does home insurance cover water damage?
Usually, especially when the damage comes from within your home. This will depend on your specific policy. If you live in a floodplain, we recommend working with your agent to tailor your policy to your needs. Most basic homeowners policies will not cover flood damage from natural disasters or other outside sources (like a dam break).
How much does water damage restoration cost?
Because costs will vary, we recommend contacting your local Rainbow Restoration for an estimate.
How long does water damage cleanup take?
The timeline will vary based on the type of damage, the scale of damage, and availability of building materials. Our first step on any job is to prevent further damage. We’ll work with you to develop a plan to complete our work as quickly as possible.
Do you offer commercial water damage cleanup services?
Yes. Learn more about our commercial services.
Rely on home services from the Neighborly® family of brands to keep your home safe from water damage:
- Mr. Appliance® offers washing machine repair and service.
- Mr. Rooter® Plumbing helps stop leaks and floods at their source with emergency plumbing services.
- Mr. Handyman® remodels kitchens, bathrooms, and more.