When disaster strikes your home, it's easy to dwell on your loss and forget that you still have the power to reduce further losses with board up services. Don't walk away and leave your home vulnerable – invest in board up services until a repair team or window installer can make it to your home.
What are Board Up Services?
Your windows are among the most vulnerable entry points in your home. After all, whether you're talking about vandals or high winds, glass is easier to break than solid wall.
Regardless of the reason your windows are damaged, you may not be able to replace them right away. In fact, if a natural disaster is the reason your windows are broken, local installers are probably already inundated with replacement requests. When your appointment is delayed, you should pursue board up services for peace of mind.
Reasons to Seek Board Up Services
Different situations may cause your windows to break, leaving your home exposed. Here are a few of the most common examples:
- Storm damage: Windstorms, tornadoes and hurricanes pack a powerful punch. The pressure differential between the inside and outside is sometimes enough to shatter windows. Then there's the possibility of debris being hurtled at your windows while traveling hundreds of miles per hour, smashing the windows on impact.
- Fire: Heat from a structural fire can cause a surprising amount of damage to your home, including shattering glass windows.
- Property vacancy: Foreclosed and abandoned properties are often left with broken windows. Board up services play an important role in preserving the home from further damage or vandalism until someone new buys the property.
- Preventative measure: It's wise to plan ahead with board up services when a big storm is in the forecast. This preventative measure can protect your windows from breaking in the first place. Then after the storm passes, you simply have the boards removed to restore your home to its former beauty.
Money-Saving Benefits of Board Up Services
Is it really worth pursuing board up services? Once you realize the many money-saving benefits, you'll discover the services often pay for themselves.
- Prevent damage: Anticipating a storm and boarding up your windows in advance can save you the hassle and money of replacing broken windows. Even if your home has already sustained damage, cut your losses by boarding up the windows until they can be replaced.
- Retain insurance coverage: After a natural disaster, your first instinct should be to call your insurance company. Boarding up your windows ensures the best coverage for your claim because the boards help prevent further water or wind damage. Don't give your insurance company an excuse to deny your claim – pursue board up services following a fire or natural disaster.
- Keep vandals out: Whether you occupy the damaged home or want to preserve a foreclosed property until it sells, board up services are a must. This simple measure deters vandalism and theft, and prevents the liability issue that could arise if an intruder entered the building and sustained an injury.
What to Expect from Rainbow Restoration® Board Up Services
Leave the task of boarding up your windows to the professionals. When a Rainbow Restoration team comes to your home, expect them to bring durable materials and work together to quickly and efficiently cover the damaged windows in your home. Proper placement and suitable fastening methods ensure the boards last as long as you need them to without inflicting further damage.
For Further Reading:
- Mold: The Aftereffects of Storm Water Damage
- Preparing Your Home for Severe Weather
- Benefits of Tarp Over and Board Up Services