Residential Air Duct and HVAC Cleaning Services
Central HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems are connected by a series of ducts. Over time, this ductwork can become caked with dirt, dust, germs, dander, and more, circulating these particles throughout your home. Duct cleaning is a critical step toward improving the air quality inside your home.
Improve your indoor air quality with residential air duct and HVAC cleaning services.
Call (855) 724-6269 or request an appointment online.
The Importance of Residential Air Duct Cleaning
The quality of the air you breathe is critical to your health and well-being. Regular HVAC cleaning (completed every three to five years) is designed to remove dust and indoor allergens from your home, improving air quality indoors.
Indoor air quality is important to every homeowner, but especially homes with:
- Young children
- Adults who stay at or work from home
- Elderly occupants
- Individuals with allergies, asthma, or chronic illnesses
The most common indoor air containments are:
- Bacteria & viruses
- Mold spores
- Pet dander
- Animal and insect droppings
- Dust mites
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from household cleaning products and construction supplies like paints, varnishes, and glues
The Home Air Duct Cleaning Process
HVAC cleaning is the process by which your air ducts and components (intake and return vents) are thoroughly cleaned. This process is designed to remove particles, debris, and danders that can detract from the function of your HVAC systems or negatively impact your health.
When you hire Rainbow Restoration ® to clean your home's ductwork, our local technicians will:
- Inspect the system before cleaning, including checking to make sure no asbestos is present (If this is the case, special equipment will be needed to remove the offending material.)
- Lay protective covers over household furnishings and carpets to protect soft materials during the cleaning process
- Vacuum the interior of the ductwork and either exhaust the air outside the home or use equipment fitted with a HEPA filter
- Brush interior duct surfaces with a soft-bristled brush to dislodge dust and debris
- Remove animal nests and other evidence of pests
- Remove any damp insulation that may have caused mold to grow
Find Air Duct Cleaning Near Me
Trust our HVAC professionals to restore and maintain your home's indoor air quality. Our technicians are highly skilled and reliable, and all our work is backed by Neighborly Done Right Promise. Call (855) 724-6269 or request an appointment to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Should HVAC Vents Be Cleaned?
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends duct cleaning every three to five years, but your needs may vary.
Your home will tell you if you should engage in air duct cleaning more frequently. Keep an eye out for the following signs:
- Mold: If you see mold or other microbial growth on or inside ductwork, professional cleaning is required. Choose Rainbow Restoration and combine the knowledge and experience of our mold removal services with duct cleaning.
- Pests: Rodents, insects, and other pests may decide to call your ductwork home. If you hear scurrying feet or beating wings within the ductwork, cleaning will help resolve the problem.
- Excessive dust: Excess dust and debris buildup in the ductwork could cause your home to become dustier. Ask your contractor to use a camera to check inside the ductwork for this problem and show you the evidence before they begin to clean.
Other considerations may include:
- The number of pets in the home. The more you have and the hairier the pets, the more frequent cleanings are required.
- The number of smokers who smoke in or immediately outside the home.
- The area you live in. If you live in a region that is very moist, dry, and dusty or with frequent high pollen counts, you should schedule more frequent cleanings.
Does air duct cleaning make a mess?
No. Air duct and HVAC system cleaning services will not make a mess of your home. Our technicians take care to contain and remove the dirt, dust, and allergens removed from your ducts.
Eeek! There's mold in my air ducts! What should I do!
If you find or suspect mold growth in your air ducts or HVAC systems, contact a professional immediately. It's important to turn off all systems, isolate and remove the mold, and complete any necessary remediation to prevent the spread of spores throughout your home.
What are the benefits of air duct cleaning?
Regular cleaning helps reduce wear and tear on your HVAC system, identifies damage and infestations in your ducts, and reduces the presence of dust, mold, and allergens in your home.
Should I have my air ducts cleaned after renovations or construction?
We recommend working with a professional duct cleaning service after any renovations at your home. Renovations kick up dust and debris, some of which may harm your health.
Will I save money on my energy bill after a vent cleaning?
Dirty air ducts force your HVAC system to work harder than it normally would. That requires more energy, which can lead to higher home energy bills. A clean HVAC system is a part of a comprehensive plan to lower your home energy use.
Count on preventative maintenance from the Neighborly family of brands to keep your business safe from water damage:
- Aire Serve® can keep your home comfortable with regular residential furnace maintenance.
- Mr. Appliance® makes life convenient for families with expert appliance repairs and maintenance.
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing® can prevent flooding due to plumbing with 24/7 emergency repairs.