Commercial Mold Remediation Services
Mold damage is not unique to homeowners — property managers, owners, and renters may all encounter mold problems in the spaces they lease, manage, or rent.
Few things bring a business to a halt like mold. Just like in homes, mold discovered in an apartment, at a business, in a commercial building, or in a rental home can be detrimental to its inhabitants — and a liability issue.
Once mold is discovered, the clock is ticking. What may seem like a small problem can quickly grow into a larger issue. Thankfully, we provide professional, experienced, commercial mold removal services to keep your tenants, employees, and customers safe.
Choose Rainbow International for commercial inspection, remediation, and mold removal services. Call (855) 724-6269 to schedule your estimate or request an appointment online.
Mold Is a Risk to Your Business
Mold poses a serious health risk to your tenants, clients, and guests. Health risks of exposure include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Cough and cold symptoms
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and lungs
Exposure may be particularly detrimental to:
- The very young, old, or those who are immunocompromised
- Individuals who suffer from asthma
- Those with seasonal allergies
OSHA Standards for Commercial Mold Removal
Mold is of such concern that the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has set forth strict guidelines for addressing exposure.
Failure to address employee or tenant concerns about the presence of mold or failure to remove it from a facility may have legal repercussions for business owners or facility managers. Always act quickly to any report of mold and refer to OSHA standards for mold prevention resources.
We follow all local, state, and federal regulations when remediating mold damage at a property.
What to Do If You Discover Mold at Your Property
No matter the type or location, if you’ve discovered mold in a property that you rent or manage, you need assistance from a certified mold expert, like your local Rainbow International.
In addition to contacting a service professional, it’s important to do the following after finding mold in your building:
- Remove all occupants, including pets, from the affected unit.
- Locate the problem in question.
- If the mold is contained in a room with a door, keep the door closed.
- Determine the cause of the mold (such as a leaking appliance, water damage from a flood, or a roof leak) and if possible, stop the cause of the moisture.
- Contact your insurance company.
Call your local Rainbow Restoration at (855) 724-6269 to correct the root cause of the issue, fully remediate the mold, and dry your damaged property using IICRC-certified methods and state-of-the-art equipment.
Our commercial mold remediation process quickly and safely restores the rental property for you and your tenants.
What NOT to Do:
- Ignore the problem. Mold and water damage left unchecked will likely grow into a bigger problem.
- Attempt to remediate the damage yourself.
- Encourage tenants to clean or remove the mold on their own.
- Attempt to clean the area with hot water, soap, or bleach. (Remediation should be left to the professionals.)
- Attempt to dry the space with a fan. (This will not stop the growth and may serve to spread mold spores.)
What Causes Mold in Commercial Buildings?
Mold thrives in any moist environment. Some of the most common causes in commercial buildings are:
- Water damage from flooding
- Leaks from indoor plumbing
- Leaks from the roof or windows
- Problems with the HVAC system
- Elevated levels of indoor humidity
Factors That Increase the Risk of Mold Growth in Commercial Buildings
There are various reasons mold grows in certain spaces. Our commercial mold removal experts can help pinpoint the underlying factor.
Three variables may increase the likelihood of spotting mold in your facility:
- Age of the building – Older buildings tend to have more mold issues. Aged facilities are more likely to have broken window and door seals, leaking roofs, plumbing problems, and poor ventilation.
- Ventilation problems – Ventilation issues aren’t restricted to older buildings. Even newer buildings can have poorly designed HVAC systems or fail to receive the preventative maintenance necessary to effectively control humidity.
- Materials – Certain building materials are more susceptible to developing problems than others. Drywall, particleboard, and plywood are commonly used in commercial buildings, but offer poor resistance to developing mold.
Any property may succumb to mold damage. It’s up to property owners to ensure their buildings are regularly inspected, and that any water damage or other issues are addressed quickly by a remediation specialist.
As a landlord or property manager, commercial mold removal services are important because they allow you to:
- Do right by your tenants
- Protect your investment
- Protect yourself from liability
24/7 Commercial Mold Remediation Services
Mold damage is often found in conjunction with water damage. Anything from a slow leak to a major flood can leave problems in its wake. Both water damage and the discovery of mold necessitate immediate remediation.
We offer 24/7 emergency remediation service to stop water damage and mold in its tracks and help you recover.
Find Commercial Mold Removal and Remediation in Your Local Area
Rainbow International has decades of experience helping businesses and property managers recover from mold damage. Let us put our expertise to work at your property.
Our technicians are IICRC-certified and our work is backed by the Neighborly Done Right Promise.
If you suspect mold or water damage at your place of business, call (855) 724-6269 or request an appointment online.
FAQs about Commercial Mold Removal
What is mold remediation?
Professional mold remediation, sometimes referred to as mold removal or mold abatement, is the process by which mold is identified and removed.
After determining the cause of an outbreak and its size, commercial mold remediation companies like Rainbow Restoration remove mold, disinfect the affected area, and, if necessary, rebuild any affected part of the structure with clean materials.
Mold remediation makes your property safe again for your employees, visitors, and tenants.
Is mold damage covered by commercial insurance?
In some cases, removal and remediation services may be covered by your business’s insurance. Check your policy or speak with your commercial insurance agent to learn more.
What are the symptoms of mold exposure?
Symptoms of mold exposure in a commercial building may be focused in the area near contamination or manifest throughout the building by the HVAC system.
The most common symptoms of mold exposure are:
- Sore throat
- Sneezing and coughing
- Skin rash
- Eye irritation
What are signs of mold growth?
As a property manager, business owner, or landlord, keep an eye out for these signs of potential mold damage:
- Water stains on walls or ceilings
- Musty smells
- Water leaks
- Warping of beams or wooden materials
- Visible mold
Helpful Resources for your Business
Keep your property spotless with our helpful reads below: