If you’re experiencing uncomfortable allergies regularly while inside of your home, the quality of your air may be lacking. If this is the case, a humidifier could be the answer to these problems. They are affordable and easy to use, so give it a try!
Effects of Dry Air
- Humidity adds moisture to the air, which can relieve the stuffy dryness that causes dry skin, sinus congestion, dry throat, nose irritation, bloody noses and dry lips. Even
- Dry air is typically caused by colder outdoor weather, or during the summertime when the air conditioner is being used consistently.
- Humidifiers are great at relieving these symptoms, but you must be careful not to overuse these machines. Too much humidity can cause issues with mold, dust mites and respiratory problems. The Mayo Clinic advices humidifier owners to gage the humidity range between 30 and 50 percent. To measure the levels within your home, purchase a hygrometer in your local hardware store.
Types of Humidifiers
- Central humidifiers- These are built into the home’s heating and air condition units. The convenient thing about installing a central humidifier is that it works throughout the entire house, not just a single room.
- Ultrasonic humidifiers- This option is a safe choice for children. It disperses a cool mist due to ultrasonic vibration. The size and price varies, so this is a good option for a lot of people.
- Evaporators- In order for this type to function, a fan blows air through a damp filter. These are cheaper than central humidifiers, but the downside is that if only can be used in one room at a time. The moisture distribution is also not closely monitored, which be poorly affect people who suffer from asthma.
- Impeller Humidifiers- If you’re looking for a more affordable price, this is a good option. It also has low risk of any hazards, as it only supplies cool mist. This will diminish any chance of children burning themselves. This type of humidifier works with the help of high-speed rotating disks. Once again, the downside of this product is that it only can operate in one room at a time.
- Steam Vaporizers- The cheapest option of them all, and the most portable. Plus, they can be found in almost any large department or drug store. They are electrically powered and are safe to use around children.
Size of Humidifiers
- There are mainly two sizes of humidifiers- console units and portable humidifiers. The console humidifiers are bulky but can typically be transported with the help of its attached wheels.
It can be confusing which humidifier to choose since there are so many different options. Make sure you do your research and figure out what you could benefit from most. If you’re unsure, or have any other questions regarding home restoration, contact your local Rainbow Restoration today!